There are some very specific things you can do to be clean and safe with anal play and using sex toys.
First, the anus:
- Always use lots of soap and warm water especially in the anal area.
- Using soap and your finger clean just inside the anus around the rim.
- Disinfectant wipes are a quick way to clean in a hurry.
- Perform an enema to take your cleanliness to the next level.
- Use a barrier (a glove for finger play, a dental dam, condom cut open or glove cut open for oral play a.k.a. analingus) to prevent bacteria transfer.
- For sex toys use a toy cleaner for best results. You can also use rubbing alcohol.
- For fastest clean up and to ensure you are not coming in contact with any old germs, use a condom over your toy.
Having sex – and anal sex in particular – can get very messy. That is part of the fun for most people! The naughty factor and the possibility of making a mess can create excitement. Some people do even like to play with excrement – it is called scat play or brown showers. For me that is a hard boundary (something I won’t do no matter what) since nothing about poo is sexy to me. What is sexy is the intense sensations I can give and receive by stimulating the anus just right.
I’ve addressed cleanliness in this article because that is often the first concern a person has who is considering exploring anal pleasure. We think of the scene from Zack and Miri Make a Porno where the porn actress is getting penetrated anally and loses control of her bowels. That is hype and was made up to be funny. While anal penetration can be messy I’ve never experienced or heard of anything near that happen in real life.
Whenever you are stimulating the anal area in addition to cleanliness always keep in mind how sensitive it is. Be very gentle until more is requested. Once the anus muscled have relaxed, more vigorous stimulation can be applied as long as there is sufficient lubricant. If you enjoy anal play and want to continuously increase the level of pleasure you can take consider using a butt plug. By using a butt plug for short periods on a regular basis you will be more able to enjoy anal play.
Many men ask me if their interest in anal play means they’re homosexual or bisexual. The answer is NO! There are several reasons anal play is pleasurable.
- Pressure in that area is naturally pleasurable… it’s important that we enjoy having bowel movements, right?
- The prostate can receive direct stimulation which can be much more intense.
- Some men like to be submissive and just receive the pleasure/abuse. In a long term relationship this can be a positive part of role play or power exchange.
Whether you are male or female, follow these suggestions and your anal experience will be a pleasurable one.